Stihl MS 261 CM 16" Chainsaw
Great for working in low-density and medium-density stands. Single start position and stop button function mean easy starting. Long-life air filter system with HD2 filter for only occasional cleaning, and captive nuts on the sprocket cover. With a Light 04 guide bar in an innovative design as well as the new .325" RS Pro saw chain for improved cutting performance.
- STIHL M-Tronic (M) - For a cold start, the STIHL M-Tronic only needs one start position on the combi-lever. After starting, you can immediately power up to full speed. The amount of fuel required is precisely calculated by the system and supplied as needed. Otherwise, start in position I as usual.
- STIHL 2-MIX Engine - The two-stroke engine with STIHL 2-MIX technology saves up to 20 % of fuel and reduces emissions by up to 70 % compared to STIHL 2-stroke engines of the same performance class without 2-MIX technology.
- HD2 Filter - This air filter keeps even the finest dust away from the engine, ensuring a particularly long service life. Thanks to its special material, the filter can easily be cleaned by washing, for example with STIHL Varioclean and warm water.
- Decompression Valve - The decompression valve is part of the easy starting system. The valve should be pressed before starting to reduce the compression pressure when starting, as well as reducing the effort needed to pull the starter rope. The decompression valve is semi-automatic; it must be pressed manually before starting, but then closes automatically.
- STIHL ElastoStart - Due to compression pressure, jerky stresses occur when starting internal combustion engines. The damping element in the ElastoStart special starter grip alternately absorbs and releases force according to the compression pattern. The result is smooth, even starting.
- Side-Mounted Chain Tensioning - Side-mounted chain tensioning makes it easy to tension the chain safely.
- Controlled-Delivery Oil Pump - Different bar lengths, wood types and sawing techniques require different amounts of oil. The controlled-delivery oil pump allows the user to select just the right amount of oil for the job at hand.
- Tool Free Fuel Caps - Special caps to open and close the tank cap quickly, easily and without tools.
- Pre-Separation Air Filtration System - STIHL long-life air filtration systems with pre-separation achieve perceptibly longer filter life compared with conventional filter systems. Air drawn in is swirled. The larger, heavier particles are ejected. The pre-cleaned air is routed to the air filter via the pre-separator duct.
- Stop Button Function - After the machine is turned off, the control lever immediately moves back into the operating position. This allows a warm machine to be restarted again immediately.
- Compensator - This controller in the carburettor prevents the fuel-air mixture getting richer as the air filter becomes clogged. The correct quantity of fuel is delivered to the carburettor depending on the quantity of air passing through the air filter. This keeps the fuel/air ratio in the combustion mixture constant and hence also the engine power. The filter doesn't need to be cleaned until an appreciable drop in power occurs.
- Captive nuts - When changing the cutting attachment, you will not risk losing the nuts on the sprocket. The MS 261 is the first STIHL chainsaw to be equipped with the captive nuts. A great advantage for all users.
- Advanced Combustion Technology - Four overflow channels swirl the fuel-air mix before ignition, allowing for optimum combustion and highly efficient performance. The result is lower fuel consumption and high torque across a broad rpm range.
- Carburettor Heating (V) - By changing the chain saw from summer to winter operation, the intake air is pre-heated over the engine fins. This ensures that the carburettor does not ice up and you can continue working in freezing temperatures.
- STIHL Ematic System - Compared to conventional bars without Ematic, the STIHL Ematic system reduces the consumption of chain lubricant by up to 50 %, depending on the type of wood and the cutting attachment used. This system comprises a STIHL Ematic or Ematic S guide bar, a STIHL Oilomatic saw chain and a variable-flow or reduced-flow oil pump. As a result, virtually every drop of chain lubricant is delivered to exactly the right spot.
|Type||MS 261 CM 16"|